Total airguns by Pete Wadeson
Pete Wadeson is one of our most highly regarded airgun hunters, and is also an established shooting correspondent, regularly contributing to sporting magazines such as GunMart, Shooting Sports, Airgunner and Airgun World.
As a lifelong shooter and outdoorsman with over twenty years experience of hunting, Pete has amassed a wealth of practical and technical experience.
In the writing of Total Airguns, Pete has combined all his practical field experience and shooting know-how to produce a very comprehensive work on the hunting of live quarry with air rifles.
Having begun to read this book, I cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone considering taking up the sport of airgunning. Petes style of writing is easy to understand without being too basic. His explanations of the mechanics and pros and cons of different types of rifles, scopes, etc, are thorough yet concise.
1. Power Sources, Actions & Options
2. Sighting Systems - Scopes, Mounts, Scope Mounting and Alternative Hunting Sights
3. Choosing A Rifle - Combinations and Usage
4. Ammo - Pellet Calibres and General Information
5. Gun Handling, Sighting & Firing - Shooting Techinques Explained
6. Finding A Shoot
7. Observation & Quarry Location
8. General Fieldcraft, Camouflage & Clothing
9. Hunting Accessories - Kit Bag Essentials & Useful Extras
10. The Changing Seasons - An Airgun Hunters Year
11. Quarry Files
12. Hunting Techniques
13. Shooting At Night
14. FAC Air Rifles, Advanced Shooting Techniques, 4x4s, etc
15. General & Routine Maintenance
16. The Airgun Hunters Larder - Preparation of Game
17. The Law, Safety and You!
All in all, a great reference for hunters looking to hone their field skills and highly recommended for newcomers.